PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (PDPA)
- HTC Malaysia Sdn Bhd and its subsidiary companies ("HTC Malaysia") respects your personal data and is committed to ensure that your personal data is protected at all times. HTC Malaysia assures that your personal data is collected, retained and divulged for lawful purposes in a fair and justified manner.
- This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- HTC Malaysia may collect your personal data such as your name, identity card number, address, contact number and other personal details filled in by you in the application, registration or customer survey forms or other relevant forms (either electronic or printed) or correspondence, documents, telephone calls or emails received from you relating to your interest to purchase HTC products or to enter into any other transactions or promotions with HTC Malaysia.
- HTC Malaysia will not at any time purchase or in any way commercially acquire any personal data from any illegitimate or illegal personal data databases.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
HTC Malaysia collects and may process your personal data for the following purposes:-
- To respond to your enquiries;
- To contact and provide you with regular communications relating to the relevant promotions or product that you have enquired;
- For the maintenance of customer databases and customer service related processes;
- Administrative purposes;
- Research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes; and
- Other purposes necessary or related to the above mentioned purposes.
FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL DATA
The personal data provided by you is necessary to HTC Malaysia. If you do not provide all the information as requested, HTC Malaysia will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting HTC Malaysia's ability to accomplish the purposes stated in clause 3 above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
HTC Malaysia may disclose your personal data to the following classes of parties for the above stated purposes:-
- Any related, affiliated or subsidiary companies of HTC Malaysia;
- HTC Malaysia's appointed service providers in relation to HTC Malaysia's support & marketing programmes or data processors (if any);
- HTC Malaysia's business partners or online affiliates that provide service or product in connection with HTC Malaysia's business.
- HTC Malaysia does not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, HTC Malaysia may disclose your personal data if required by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes or fulfilment of the purposes mentioned in clause 3.
- HTC Malaysia may disclose your personal data to the following classes of parties for the above stated purposes:-
RIGHT OF ACCESS
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data , you may contact HTC Malaysia via mail, email or telephone in accordance with the following:-
HTC Malaysia Sdn Berhad,
Block 5-16-01, V Square (VSQ),
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Telephone : +603 7931 0847